SLIP SLOP SLAP

it took me a while to decide to go back to blogging so I'm running a little behind in my "life and times of..."

10 June 2026

I’m sure we wore sunburn cream as kids. I’m sure we wore hats as kids. But I’m sure we spent a lot of time in bathers and sleeveless tops in pools, at the beach, in the back garden, on the tennis court as kids. And the result is a deep and meaningful relationship with a dermatologist. Susan and I have found a new one in Perth, recommended by our favourite expert in Melbourne. 

Ann & Susan - backyard, City Beach, 1960s

Chris Heyes finds me somewhat amusing because when I have to strip off for that annual check up (please don’t dwell on that vision too long), he usually finds that my underwear matches my glasses and my rings. Clearly a first for him. Once he gets over this distraction, he then usually finds bits to burn off or cut out.

I knew that I had some cutting to be done on my face by the time I got back from overseas but miraculously, there was even more cutting to do on my shin. So as I type, I have stitches and bandages up and down to remind me that pink people shouldn’t spend too much time outdoors.

Too late she cried.

Comments