TWINKLE TWINKLE
8 July 2026
The lights currently shining in Kings Park almost outshine the stars and the city itself. I missed Lightscape last year because it opened just after I’d broken my foot/knee so I wasn’t able to walk kilometres through the Park to see all the different installations. I wasn’t going to miss out this year.
As I walked through all the different wonders, I was reflecting on Pauline Hanson’s world. We were surround by the young and the old, some in pushchairs, some in wheelchairs, couple and families, and with heritage from every continent on earth. Here was the multicultural Australia that frightens her so much.
Ironically, we were having a “monocultural” experience in as much as we were all walking through Kings Park together. But what can be "mono' about looking at artistry created by school kids and lighting designers, artists from Europe and the education team at the Park? Each of the clever installations brought a smile to may face from jumping fish to light cathedrals, tunnels of light and trees sparkling with changing colour, coloured flowers and light snaking across grass.
The light installation at Uluru has always been an enthralling experience but I love the variety of this display even more.
And to cap it off, on the way back to the train station,
there were a pile of illuminated hula hoops waiting to be played with – and I
couldn’t resist.

Comments
Post a Comment